Grade 6 (ages 11-12)
6.3 Level 1 – Strength Based Assessment ( may need Process for Students with Limited Communication Abilities” )
6.4 Enter your Level 1 Vocational Goal from your Level 1 Student Interview on the “Individual Transition Folder”
6.5 Try “My Portfolio”: “NY Career Zone” developed by NYS Department of Labor.
6.6 Start career exploration activities
6.7 Discuss post-secondary educational options/requirements (probably for the first time)
6.8 Update “My Portfolio” at years's end & print a copy to be placed in the “Individual Transition Folder” or stored electronically.
Check all that apply:
- I know who's on my Transition Team
- I have an Individual Transition Portfolio (ITP)
- I 've completed my Level 1 Career Assessment
- I 've chosen my first vocational goal (Level 1)
- I've tried the NY Career ZoneI've done some Career Exploration Activities
- I've discussed after graduation school possibilities & requirements with my school counselor
- I've updated my Individual Transition Portfolio at the end of the school and saved it.